Lake Huron Water Treatment Plant in Fort Gratiot Township
The project work scope included the following:
- Demolition and abandonment of the existing sludge clarifier and pump station
- Construction of the new raw sludge pumping station
- Installation of new decant piping for existing sludge lagoons 5, 6, and 8
- Construction of reinforced concrete junction chambers and new process and yard piping Improvements
- Construction of a new one-million-gallon reinforced concrete sludge retention basin with influent sluice gates
Weiss Construction is the general contractor for the project and intends to self-perform all required trade work except the drilled piers and electrical/I&C and painting work. As of Winter 2020, the drilled pier work is complete, and the structural concrete for the new retention basin is well underway. The project is expected to achieve substantial completion by August of 2021.