Haggerty Road Pump Station Novi, Michigan
Weiss Construction served as the managing partner for this award-winning project and self-performed all mechanical and process equipment work as well as all civil/site work, including excavation, yard piping, and structural concrete work. This fast track project was completed on time and with a net savings of $1.2 Million to the Owner.
In general terms, the project scope consisted of the following:
- 12,000 sft booster pump station with a rated capacity of 70-mgd provided by three 700 HP VFD controlled line pumps and two 700 HP constant speed reservoir pumps
- A 10 million gallon prestressed, post-tensioned concrete above groundwater storage reservoir
- Approximately 1,000 linear feet of 36-inch and 42-inch yard piping comprised of concrete-encased AWWA C200 steel and AWWA C301 PCCP pipe
- Hot tap for connection to the existing 42-inch transmission main
- Electrical power distribution facilities and an Ovation based control system for remote and local monitoring and control of the facility.
- Over 3,000 lineal feet of 16-inch water main to provide an emergency supply of water of up to 28-mgd in the event of a water transmission main break between the Haggerty and Franklin Stations
- The seamless installation of a line pump and bypass chamber at the existing Rochester booster pump station