Fairview Pump Station Improvements
This project scope includes the complete replacement of all sewage pumps, process piping, electrical/ I&C, and HVAC equipment for the existing sanitary sewage pumping station. To facilitate the work, a 240 MGD temporary bypass system will be utilized to maintain all dry, and weather flows to the station. After completion of the Pump Station work and removal of the bypass pumping system, a new 9-foot by 13- foot stainless steel slide gate will be installed at the existing upstream entrance shaft.
The Installation and field testing of the temporary bypass system is now complete, and the Mechanical and Electrical replacement work is well underway. The project is expected to achieve substantial completion in the Spring of 2022.
In addition to the extensive mechanical, process piping and electrical/I&C improvements, the work scope includes:
- Installation, operation, and maintenance of a 240 MGD sewage bypass system to facilitate taking the entire station off-line to complete the work
- Masonry tuck-pointing and terra-cotta repairs to the existing building façade
- Replacement of all pump station steel platforms, handrails, and access stairs
- New concrete roadways and parking areas
- Replacement of site fencing and perimeter access control systems.
- New gas-fired emergency generator
- Upgrades to the existing Ovation instrumentation and control system